Aaah….what’s special about this Beans curry…and for such a simple curry why is she posting a Blog for it…..!!!! I’m sure this thought might have crossed your mind. But…this curry is different and very special. It has a tangy, sweet, spicy taste which makes it very different and tasty.
The first time I heard about it, It sounded weird but when I tasted the curry it was delicious.
It’s easy, simple and quick to prepare.
- 1/2 lb Beans (Guvar/Goru Chikudukayalu)
- 2 spoons Jaggery
- 1 spoon Rice flour
- 2 spoons Tamarind Water
- 1/2 spoon turmeric
- 1 spoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 spoon Mustard seeds( for seasoning)
- 1/2 spoon Urad dal (for seasoning)
- 1/2 spoon Hing
- Boil/ Pressure cook the Beans with a pinch of salt.
- Drain any excess water.
- In a pan, add 2 spoons of oil and put all the seasoning ingredients ( mustard seeds, urad dal, hing, one red chilli), once they splutter well, add the boiled beans, pinch of turmeric, salt, jaggery, rice flour, spoons of tamarind juice.
- Let it cook for 5-10 minutes, depending on your oil taste, you can sprinkle a few drops of oil to make it look good.
Serve it with hot rice.
Time to Prepare:10mts Serves 4
Enjoy the curry!!!!!